Tuesday, August 31, 2010

... an email from James?

I just got an email from James, who I hadn't heard from since just after our dinner date a few weeks ago. It said,

Hows the job hunt? Sorry I disappeared, I've been really busy at work, and traveling every weekend! I'm actually in Indiana for the next 12 days...
-James

We haven't even kissed yet, so despite the fact I haven't heard from him for 16 days (according to my gmail stamps) I'm willing to give him a second chance. Also, his company is going through some big changes right now and is all over the news, so he's not even lying. I crafted a response, but of course I'm not going to send it for a few days to make him wait, haha.

Hey James,
I actually got a job offer last week, and start my new job Monday! I hope you are enjoying being at home, I was home a few weeks ago and it was really nice. Why don't you let me know when you have some free time again, or if you're hiking anytime soon I would love to join. I forgot how being in the city make me feel disconnected from nature. (yes, thats the most earth-child thing I've written in awhile)
-Rose

No comments: