Friday, August 13, 2010

Beach!

The day after our date, Nate invited me to come to the beach with him. He has the summer off as a teacher and has been spending his days sunbathing and swimming in the ocean. I said yes, and he picked me up (in his car! Highroller!) and drove me.

We packed a picnic- I brought sandwiches and blackberries, he brought chips, sunflower seeds, and some beer. I was a little nervous about a beach date, because it involved basically stripping down to my underwear in front of someone I barely know, but who I think wants to sleep with me. I told myself I was looking pretty good in a bikini this summer, especially with all the running I've been doing.

So we've spread our stuff out on the beach. It's the moment of truth, and I take off my dress. And it feels awkward, almost like I am undressing for him. Then I realize: Holy Shit, I'm going to have to ask him to put sunscreen on my back. I sort of tersely ask "would you mind putting sunscreen on my back?"

Of course he doesn't mind, and then all of a sudden his hands are all over my back, and massaging the sunscreen in. He seems especially interested in smoothing the sunscreen around my waist. Okay I think, relieved, He seems interested enough in my body even though I'm not wearing anything. It's weird- I'm never nervous taking my clothes off in private, because I think I have a pretty great body. However, I don't really have a "skinny bikini body" meaning that my stomach is not terribly flat. I've got amazing breasts (or so I've been told) and an hour glass shape, but my stomach itself is more rounded. I've never had a guy approach me and hit on me while I'm in a bathing suit.

We were laying on the beach, reading our books. I was reading "Disgrace" by JM Coetze. I didn't really realize that it was about a man who witnesses his daughters rape. Not exactly a beach read! It was pretty intense, and I wasn't really getting into it in that setting, so I put it down for awhile. Nate seemed pretty into his book, moreso than he was into me. Again! His supposed disinterest was turning me on.

Then, all of a sudden, Nate's hand is on my chin and he pulls my face into his and kisses me. It was nice! We kissed for a few seconds and then I was all shy about it. We ended up kissing more on the blanket, and we went into the water together and he was all over me. We were play wrestling in the water and he was rubbing my back afterwards while we were laying on the beach.

Then he drove me home, and kept kissing me at every stoplight. He dropped me off at my door and told me we should do it again. I was pretty excited by the whole thing. He's really cute!

No comments: