Thursday, August 5, 2010

Date #1: The Mutual Friend

There were three guys who I thought sounded interesting. The first was 26 and also lived in Brooklyn and worked in my industry. He looked pretty cute in his picture, so I did the logical thing. I looked him up on facebook. And there he was! Maybe... I couldn't really tell if it was the same person. So I perused his profile. Under groups, he was in many that had titles like, "Women belong in the kitchen!"

I can take a joke, but I also think that after college you might want to limit how you present yourself to the world. "Women belong in the kitchen" joke or not is not standing out as someone I see myself dating.

The second guy, James, was cute, and looked kind of familiar. I looked him up on facebook too. I'm pretty sure we don't actually know each other, but we do have a mutual friend- a girl I knew in high school but haven't seen since. Although, she did run into my mother a few weeks ago and asked how I was doing.

I then clicked on her (Ashley) profile, and its seems they are really good friends, because he's posted on her wall in the last few days. Okay, if he is friends with Ashley he can't be that creepy! So I responded to his email.

In his next email he asked me out, and we decided to meet for an ice cream. Ice cream seemed really low pressure to me, and also avoided alcohol. I tend to make poor decisions regarding sex when I'm drinking, and I'm really looking to date someone this time!

Dates tonight. I hope it goes well! (and he doesn't know we have a mutual friend yet...)

No comments: