Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dinner Date with James

James asked me to go to dinner with him this week, so Monday night we met up. He had asked me to choose the restaurant, which turned out to be quite stressful. I'm currently unemployed and job searching, so I was definitely hoping he would pay for dinner. But if he didn't, then I had to pick a restaurant that wouldn't blow my budget. Also, I didn't know what kind of money he wanted to spend.

I decided to stick with a theme- Mexican- and suggested a few restaurants with a variety of different price ranges. He actually said he loved Mexican and had another place in mind that he thought I would like. We met up for street style tacos and Mexican grilled corn on the cob. It was delicious (and he was quite a gentleman, and did pay). Also, he ordered for me, which no one has ever done before. He had asked what I wanted, and then when the waiter came he placed the order for both of us, and then asked what I wanted to drink. He had just come back from a weekend long party with some friends from college, so he didn't want anything alcoholic. I ordered a margarita for myself.

The conversation flowed a little bit more, and I found myself thinking he was much cuter than the first time we had met. He is quieter then the men I tend to date, but he seems worth getting to know. After dinner he suggested a game of pool, so we went and played. He basically killed me in the game, but I ended up winning one because he scratched on the 8 ball. Then he walked me to the train again, and I realized why people drink on dates.

There we were, standing in the middle of the street in New York City with a thousand people around, and I think he wanted to kiss me. And I wanted him to kiss me. Instead, we both awkwardly hugged each other, and I told him I would like to hang out again.

Now I'm totally concerned he's going to think I'm not interested, which is not the case. Seriously though, I didn't want to kiss him in the middle of a thousand people, but I also didn't want to go back to his apartment because I didn't want to take things too quickly.


No comments: