Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hitting the Heartbreaks

I forgot to mention that Rob broke it off with me. When he was here, we talked about me going to visit him in Denver over New Years. I travel so much for work that I have a ton of  miles and didn't have to worry about making arrangements right away. Then, last week he sent me this email:

I've been thinking about you coming to visit me for new years. I'd like to see you, but I'm not sure its a very good idea. I think you feel the same ways as me about continuing to date long distance... but we haven't talked about it so I'm not sure. I've been in a few long distance relationships and obviously, they all went pretty badly.  The thing that worries me is
that they both happened slowly, and kept going until we ended up hating each other. You coming to visit seemed like a good idea but I'm afraid that it will complicate things in a way that I'm not comfortable with. This is a hard thing for me to say because I like you and usually that's as deep as my thought process goes. Anyway I'd love to know what you think about it.

I'm kind of heartbroken. I mean, I know it wasn't really possible to do the long distance thing, but its so hard. I've never really had a boyfriend who was into spanking. I think it can be kind of rare to find men who are as into as I am as you can;t really ask people it when you first meet them. I already liked Rob, I would have dated him even if I didn't know he was into spanking, and to find out that he was, was like the best thing ever. And now I am sad, sad, sad. What happens if I never find someone like him again?

No comments: