Friday, June 13, 2008

First Craigslist Date: The old (OLD) dude

37 is such a flexible age for me. I mean, there are definitely 37 year olds I know that I would date. I don't think big age differences are a problem once you hit 25- but maybe I'm biased, my parents are 13 years apart. They met when my mom was 25 and my dad was 38. 

So I met bachelor number 1 from craigslist. We made plans to meet in front of central park, right across from Columbus Circle. We'd been emailing for a few days. He seemed quite nice. He looked tall and skinny in his pictures (VERY much my type). He was a little formal in his emails, but I find thats common in people who are older than me and didn't start emailing in their youth.

He texted me in the afternoon and told me he was wearing a brown shirt. After work I headed over to the park and sure enough there was this old ugly dude in a brown shirt mulling around in front of the entrance. He had not seen me yet. Would it be so horrible to just slip away? I mean, this guy was old. He had to be at least 45. It would be completely acceptable to not meet someone who had lied so horribly.. would it?

Then my phone rang. As it turns out, my date was running late and calling to say he wasn't there yet. ::phew:: saved! Guy in front of park was someone else's date!

I thought about what a funny story that would be to tell when my real date arrived. Like hahah look what just happened.

Then my date arrived.
1)okay, man was definitely not 5'10". MAYBE 5'7" MAYBE. And thats how tall I am. Shorter or equal to my height= not attractive to me. Sorry, its just the truth.
2) I'm pretty sure he was older than 37. Or maybe just an old 37.
3) in his emails he said they were bad pictures. They were not. They were amazing pictures of a rather unimpressive looking fellow.

We went for a drink. He was perfectly nice, but he had a tick. yes, he had a facial tick. Maybe his nose was itching or something, but I'm pretty sure it was just a facial tick.

Oh and did I mention he was practically drooling all over me? Of course he was. But wow, I'm used to having guys want to take me home, but there was this edge of desperation, like he hadn't gotten laid in months. In a way, it kind of disgusted me, but in a way I wanted to let him push my legs apart in the alley behind the bar, just because he would be so damn happy about it. But as he leaned in to talk to me in the crowded bar I just couldn't stop myself from leaning away. I was practically doing a backbend.

Like I said, he was perfectly nice, even interesting, but I was just not into it. I thanked him for the drink and told him I had to meet friends back in brooklyn. He kissed my cheek good-bye and put his hand on my waist as he did so. His hand was practically shaking and his eyes were sleepy with desire. It felt pretty good to be wanted that badly.

But yeah, not going to see him again. Not sure what I'm going to do when he calls, and he is obviously going to call.

No comments: