Saturday, August 30, 2008

Toronto

I just got home from Toronto where I was on business, which is kind of exciting. It was my first international business trip. I was there with some insane coworkers working a convention. There were 5 of us. Usually when i travel I'm by far the youngest person there. My boss doesn't like to travel and has a young baby, so  I go on a lot of trips that she would normally go on.

This time, I was with my counterpart. Our company has offices all over the world, but our main offices are in New York, Sydney and London. So there are two other people with my job- one in London (Karen) and one in Sydney (Matt). The three of us have a monthly phone conference (hard, with the time zones, to get us all together!) and email constantly, but I've never met them.

For some not-so-clear reason, the company sent Matt to Toronto too. Matt has always sounded very cute on the phone, but I know nothing about how he looks or how old he is. One time, we had a video conference with the Sydney office, and I thought there was someone who could be him. (there were about 50 people on  the conference so it wasn't like everyone was introduced, they were just making a big announcement) So I kind of figured he was about my age, but I think that it was just the accent that made him sound cute.

So I *must* admit that I went to the conference hoping he would be hot. Luckily, he was attractive (I"m not going to say hot, but there was something distinctly sexy about him. his accent? His sense of humor?)

I think we both really really wanted to like each other, because we hit it off immediately. Also, we were a good 15 years younger than anyone else there. He's also mischievous, like me, and we enjoyed sneaking out every lunch time for cocktails. 

(as an aside, my behavior on this work trip was unacceptable, someone needs to take me over their knee and remind me how to be a good employee. Or maybe Matt and I both needed some discipline to remind us how we ought to behave. Interesting thought there...)

And we were both clearly attracted to each other. In fact, everyone at the conference, from our company and the other people we were hanging around with, was making constant jokes about us being a cute couple. We went out every night, in fact, we closed down bars every night. We were there Thursday through Tuesday. 

Monday night we were completely hammered.  We had been out dancing at this awful awful club- we'd taken some customers out, and one of them was hitting on me. Now, I'm a flirt. I'm a huge flirt actually. And so I'm sure in some ways I invite these sorts of situations on myself. But it happens a lot that I'll flirt with people I'm not interested in going home with, but they'll become really interested and aggressive. This client kept whispering in my ear and putting his hand on my lower back. I always get hit on at these work functions, probably because I'm one of the few unmarried women. So I walked over to Matt and told him what was going on, he laughed and said, "Don't worry you're coming home with me."

I am? 

The two of us were at a different (cheaper) hotel than everyone else. So we got in the cab together and then, at the elevator in the hotel he said, "I don't mean to be too forward, but can I come up and see your room?" 

I know I shouldn't have let him because he's my colleague, but he also lives on the other side of the world. So I did. 

We were pretty good, we mostly just spooned and kissed and rolled around on my king size bed. He had a great body and he pinned me down a few times, which was as kinky as it got, but thats okay.

Which leads me to this thought: Kinky Sex with Colleagues. I'll expand in my next post.

(I'm also still thinking about what it might have been like if Matt and I had been punished together.)


No comments: