Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nate's Over...but Guess Who's Back???!?!?!

The beach was the last time I saw Nate, I kept getting text after text from him, but no invites to do anything. I started getting bored and stopped responding to the texts enthusiastically. So now, nothing.

James also panned out to be nothing. I got that email from him...and then nothing, nothing, nothing. I've been so busy at my new job I haven't had much time to think about dating.

And then yesterday, I had a message from Ben on Facebook. It said

I still think about you. I'd love to see you again if you're back in New York.

Now, Ben had emailed me once last year looking to hook up again. I gave him a pretty straight forward "NO WAY." There's actually more of a story than that. I had never told Ben my last name, or gave him my actual email address. He took a few things he knew about me, combined with my first name and googled until he came up with a picture and a name. It was from my college website for this award I won. Then he found me on facebook. Creepy? Flattering? To this day I don't know.

So I wrote back

I am back in New York. I moved back a few months ago. I'm flattered you're still interested, but we're not looking for the same thing.

What are you looking for?

More than what you want to give me.

I can give you more now. I feel badly about how things went between us.

You don't need to feel badly about how things went, so I hope that's not why you say that. I suppose if you ask me out, I would say yes. I'm too busy right now, maybe in October.

I can wait until then.

So that was unexpected. Seriously, we hooked up like 4 times over 2 years ago. I never even really had the impression he liked me very much.

One of my roommates in college once commented that every guy I dated always came back for more, like I was the one they never forgot. I won't say I'm like that to everyone I've slept with. A lot of them do tend to come back though. Maybe it's because I let them do whatever they want to me in bed?


No comments: